Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Family is together!

What a day!

Today Nils returned from his LDS mission. He has been gone for two years. My family woke up early (some of us didn't sleep) and went to the airport around 10:30am. We went to the place we last saw him.

When we got inside of the airport I went and stood by my dad. My dad looked contemplative so I asked him what kinds of thoughts he was having. He looked at the escalator and said, "the last time I saw Nilso was on that escalator. I can't believe that was two years ago."

Since then I have been in and out of thoughts about time and how quickly it passes. Two years ago my family was saying goodbye to my brother thinking it would be forever until we saw him again. That day is already here. That day is almost gone. Crazy. Time goes so quickly.

I have always thought that the most precious thing in my life was my family. Of course they are toward the top of the list but the most precious thing is time.

My brother came home a different person. In the last two years he has changed parts of his life and has a more firm dedication to doing good. I can see it. I can feel it. I am trying to think back to when he left. I wonder what kinds of changes have occured within me. I wonder if he can see it. We have had the same amount of time since we last saw each other...it just makes me wonder...

Time. It is a crazy thing to think about. I will use my time to do good things.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Welcome home Neils!

*Angie* said...

yay NIls! Sorry we didnt make it, but I heard the homecoming was great.