Friday, May 1, 2009

Nilso

So....here goes another....

I have been writing a lot about my family lately and here is another post...dedicated to my brother Nils.

Nils turned 22 on the 23rd of April. I can't believe it...I can't believe my little brother is 22. Craziness. I remember his first day of kindergarten. I remember because I was soo happy that I got to walk home with him-I remember his first baseball game and I remember the first time he told me that basketball was his favorite sport. I remember one time I tried to teach him how to swear-and he told me that he didn't want to. I remember making cookies with him once and they didn't turn out because I didn't know what I was doing. I remember what he said during his speech when they announced that he won student body president at WJHS. I remember a few of his moments playing basketball. I remember calling him every day for a week while I was in Europe wanting to know every detail of tryouts. I remember having talks about his feelings about serving a mission and I remember a talk we had after he received his call. I remember the conversations I had about Nils with other people while he was out on his mission-I remember learning/feeling/KNOWING that he had impacted soo many people just by being him. I remember the excitement my family had preparing for his return... that excitement is the same excitement I have now just thinking about how great my brother is!!!

Nils is my little brother but I have always looked up to him. He inspires me with his goodness. The world is a better place because of him and I am thankful he is my brother.

Love you, Nilso!

3 comments:

Lamb Fam said...

DITTO!

Heidi said...

So fun to see what you are up to my dear!

Ariel said...

Nils is a great brother, and he is lucky to have such a great sister. This post made me miss Christian.